Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Motivating the unmotivated

This blog entry might actually be an act of procrastination in the making.

I can't lie... I have about 40 things that I need to do right now, and not a speck of motivation to actually do any of them.  I knew this was a possibility.

See, here is the problem with figuring out that your motivation is fear.... you get rid of that, and what are you left with?  I don't know how to propel myself, and with my stellar combination of vulnerability and emotional honestly, I am quickly vanquishing the demons of my past and feeling good about life.  I am without guilt, without shame, and have rid my life ( at least in the present) of the fear of the dread dropping of the other shoe

 (,,,, complete side note... when the hell did this "other shoe" drop and why the hell was it such a horrible experience?  I mean... shoes drop... is it really that bad!?!?!  Why was one shoe dropping okay, but the "other" was a tragedy.  This is clearly a subject for research for another day, since it is likely just sustaining my procrastination...)

SO, here is what I'm going to do.  I am making a plan!  in 5 minutes ( at 10:30), I'm going to put down the computer, turn on Pandora Radio, walk into my kitchen, and clean of my counter, empty my dishwasher, and fill it back up with dirty dishes.  I'm going to get that all done by 11am.  At 11am, I'm going to sit down and do the three hardest things I have on my list of things to do.  I'm going to get those done- pull of the bandaid- and then, I'm going to feel good about having done those things, and everything else will be a cakewalk.

That's the plan...wish me luck!

ETA:  10:58 EST- I have successfully cleaned my kitchen, done dishes, and even tackled the floors and a round of laundry.  I would like to thank those who helped me get through that:

-Usher
- Beastie Boys
- Justin Timberlake
- OutKast
- Michael Jackson
- A special shout out to ll Cool J circa 1995, whose well timed MTV unplugged version of" Mama Said Knock You Out" started off my adventure, and themed the whole excursion nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment